quilts

Custom Wedding Quilt

This custom wedding quilt is my first quilt finish of 2017 and I’m sharing it in the Fall 2017 Blogger’s Quilt Festival!  A customer asked for a quilt that her wedding guests could sign in lieu of a guest book.  She and her fiancé are huge Iowa Hawkeyes fans so she wanted the quilt in Hawkeyes colors.  I appliquéd the logo and their names into bigger blocks to personalize it.  I was inspired by a triangle quilt in similar colors so I threw a few triangles into the mix as well.

This was a fun quilt to put together, except for the 2 extra trips to the fabric store to get more fabric.  I made several cutting mistakes!  Luckily I found a great local quilt store in the process.

Custom Wedding Quilt

Custom Wedding Quilt

Custom Wedding Quilt

Custom Wedding Quilt

Details

Fabrics – Bella Solids in Black, Zen Gray, Yellow and White

Backing Fabric – Moda Grunge Hits the Spot Wideback in Black Dress

Quilting – Straight lines, in gray (but I wish I had tried a variegated thread for this one)

SaveSave

SaveSave

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Ann P September 18, 2017 at 11:48 pm

This is awesome! My dad would have loved it. I grew up in Iowa and my dad was the biggest Iowa fan ever. I still root for the Hawks…as long as they aren’t playing my Wisconsin Badgers :). Congratulations on a cool quilt.

• Reply Teresa Eliason September 19, 2017 at 8:53 am

Thanks! I didn’t go to a big football school but I’ve since learned how much people love their teams!

• Reply Becca // Pretty Piney September 19, 2017 at 7:15 am

So simple and striking. What a lucky couple!

• Reply Laura September 19, 2017 at 9:10 am

I love the idea of having wedding guests sign the finished quilt instead of just the fabric squares! Definitely helps people to know not to sign in the seam allowances! Thank you for sharing for the festival!

• Reply Karen September 20, 2017 at 12:31 am

What a special quilt and a lovely way to remember guests at a wedding.

• Reply barb September 22, 2017 at 9:08 am

what a wonderful quilt, one that will always be cherished.

• Reply Tu-Na Quilts September 23, 2017 at 12:52 am

What a great idea! Wasn’t it hard to see guests write all over it though?

• Reply The Joyful Quilter September 24, 2017 at 7:53 pm

You nailed this quilt! I betting on a happy couple.